Doctors often do a lot of good every single day, but sometimes mistakes happen, and sometimes those mistakes can be devastating. Whether a doctor or nurse gives an individual the wrong medication or misdiagnoses a patient or other major concerns that occur, a medical malpractice case can be traumatic, but it also can be extremely difficult. Here is what you need to know about Gwinnett medical malpractice cases.
Types of medical malpractice cases.
- The first type is a case against the private physicians office or doctors office.
- If a malpractice happens in a private office or doctors office, then the case generally comes against the doctor or the practice.
- The second type is a case against a hospital.
- If a malpractice case happens in a hospital, then you could be going against up against the hospital itself or the hospital staff.
- Hospitals have some of the most high powered lawyers in this city, and choosing a lawyer without the experience and knowledge could be detrimental to your case.
Understanding the complexity of a medical malpractice cases.
- Georgia’s laws make it very difficult to bring a medical malpractice case. Theses laws make these cases expensive, time consuming, and very hard to win.
- You need a medical malpractice attorney that understands the complexity of medical malpractice cases in order to adequately handle your claim.
- Most medical malpractice cases that our firm takes involve someone who died or someone who is suffering from permanent damage as a result of medical negligence.
Medical Malpractice Case Requirements
- Medical malpractice cases require a doctor to be on your side and to often to give what’s called an affidavit to show that negligence did occur.
- We have a network of doctors all across this state and all across the country that can provide us with that needed affidavit and the opinion as to whether or not the injury that occurred was caused by the negligence of a doctor or a hospital.
Now, we know Gwinnett medical malpractice cases can be extremely traumatic for the family and difficult to talk about. You need to call a medical malpractice attorney immediately to protect your case. Time is of the essence, and waiting, unfortunately, even a few months, can affect the evidence or the ability to file the medical malpractice case. If you need an attorney who can help you with a medical malpractice case in the complexities that are associated with that, please feel free to give us a call.